2000 E. Gene Autry Way | Anaheim, CA 92806 | (714) 940-2000
Angel Stadium is the home ballpark of The Los Angeles Angels, and is located in Anaheim, California. Angel Stadium was once home to the Los Angeles Rams, before they became the St. Louis Rams, but was reconstructed into a baseball stadium in 1966. In 1996, the stadium underwent major renovations; the parking not only had to be reconfigured but additional parking became necessary. There is one very large parking lot that serves as the official lot of the stadium, but since it is one very large lot, exiting after the game is very complicated. The fact is that there are cheaper and more easily accessible options nearby that are simply going by unnoticed. With some quick preparation, a driver can be educated on the tips, tricks, and layout of this expansive stadium.
• • •
Pick your game from the window below and make a parking reservation!
ANGEL STADIUM PARKING MAP
There is one large lot that can fit all of the fans. This lot has three entrances: From Douglass Road, Katella Avenue, and Orangewood Avenue. Once in the lot, any of the six gates can be accessed from a walking distance.
The area across Orangewood Avenue has several side streets that offer free parking. These side streets will be crowded by fans walking to the stadium, so it is not as safe as parking in the official lot.
OFFICIAL ANGEL STADIUM PARKING RATES
Day-of-game parking is $10 in cash.
A preferred parking pass is worth $20 and allows for closer spaces with express entry lanes into the lot.
Premier Parking is only available to season ticket holders in the Diamond Club section, also worth $20 and can be found by the homeplate gate.
GETTING TO ANGEL STADIUM
TAILGATING AT ANGEL STADIUM
Tailgating is permitted in general parking (non-preferred) areas. These areas can be found near the Big A, Orangewood, State College and Douglass parking areas. The lot opens 2 ½ hours before the start of the game; tailgating cannot begin before the lot opens, and it cannot continue after the lot closes an hour past the end of the game.
Tailgaters can bring barbecues, but only if they are approved gas or propane units with full-valve turn offs. Charcoal grills are prohibited.
ANGEL STADIUM HANDICAP PARKING
Handicap Parking is located outside Gate 1-6 and the Home Plate Gate. Parking cashiers and attendants will direct those with a valid state-issued disabled parking permit and/or a disabled license plate to these areas. The use of Segways is permitted if the person has one or both of the pieces of identification listed above, and there are over 500 handicapped seats in the stadium.
ANGEL STADIUM PARKING TIPS
When to arrive
- The lot opens 2 ½ hours before the beginning of the game, and since it is one large lot the parking process gets increasingly complicated the later someone arrives.
The cheapest spots
- There is one large lot made available by the stadium, which costs $10. It is even cheaper, though, to find spots along the street by the lot.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is there street parking?
- There is street parking along the lot and further from the stadium, but it is not as secure as the official lot.
How much is an Angel Stadium parking pass?
- A preferred parking pass will cost $20, which allows for an express entry lane into the lot and designated areas by gate 1, 4, and 6.
Can I tailgate? If so, what are the rules?
- Tailgating is permitted in certain sites of the lot, and must abide by their opening and closing hours. Alcohol is prohibited, as well as charcoal grills and wood-burning fires.
Is it better to take public transportation?
- There is ample parking, and finding a spot shouldn’t be an issue, but there is public transportation available. The Metrolink has a stop at the edge of the Angel Stadium parking lot. Most Metrolink stations offer free parking and can be found near most surrounding hotels.
How early do you need to get there to get a spot?
- The official lot opens 2 ½ hours before the start of the game, and usually fills up before the game begins. For a spot on the official lot, it would be advisable to arrive right as the lot opens.
ANGEL STADIUM PARKING RESOURCES
Official Angel Stadium Parking Page >The lot is explained in detail, describing the different entrances and gates
Official Angel Stadium Directions > The official site offers directions from various areas, which allows for insight as far as traffic on game day
Official Angel Stadium Tailgating Policy > The tailgating policy is given an official definition and the rules are outlined
Angel Stadium Yelp Page > Opinions directly from the fans give an honest depiction of the stadium experience