24 Willie Mays Plaza | San Francisco, CA 94107 | (415) 972-2000
Built in 2000, AT&T Park ranks high on many lists of the best MLB stadiums. But finding parking near AT&T Park can be the worst. It’s expensive. The cost to park on average is $30. It also takes a long time to get out after the game, depending on where you park.
AT&T Park is located in SoMa and right on the water. The nearby 80 and 280 allow fans to get in and out, but expect peak traffic and long waits on gameday. There are more than 4,000 parking spaces in the nearby official lots: A, B, C, E, as well as Piers 48 and 30. You’ll also find 10+ off-site lots and parking garages near AT&T Park. Parking in the off-site locations is the best way to save on parking (and spend your extra money on the famous Giants Garlic Fries).
Be sure to check out our AT&T Park parking tips to help you save time and money when you park for the Giants game.
Park Farther Away to Save Money and Time: Official Giants parking costs $30-$35, and up to $60 for oversized vehicles. Plus, there are long delays exiting Lots A, B, C, E and Pier 48. If you park North of the 80, there are lots and garages for $15-$25. Expect about a 10-15 minute walk to AT&T Park, but it’s an quicker exit after the game.
Pre-Pay and Reserve Online: Every official Giants parking lot is cash only. You can use SpotHero to reserve parking before heading to the Giants game. It’ll help avoid the congestion caused by paying onsite.
Arrive Early: No matter where you plan on parking, get there early. We recommend 2-3 hours before the game. The area around AT&T Park is densely packed and there’s plenty to explore before the game.
Tips For Finding Free Street Parking: On r/SFGiants, we found some tips to find free street parking near AT&T Park.
- “I park here for free but it is about a mile to walk to the ballpark from here. This is at Indiana and Mariposa in the Dog Patch neighborhood. I can walk pretty far for ten bucks but I am a cheap asshole. GPS cords in case that link doesn’t work. 37.763804, -122.391757 [and walking directions to AT&T Park]There is also a MUNI stop at 3rd and Mariposa so you could take MUNI two stops to the ballpark if you wanted to. Most people can walk about 3.5 miles per hour so it is a 15-20 minute walk from there.” —dogerh8ter
- “Along the same lines, I park on 8th and Brannon for free. Usually I see empty free spots closer to the ball park on 6th or 7th and Townsend. I think the meters there are out of the “special event zone” and therefore free at night.” —Source
- “WARNING: If you try street parking, read the street parking signs extremely carefully. There used to be some hidden gems for weekend games, but I think they are all gone.” —revocer
- “Park in Lucerne Street. It’s a dead end alley way on Brannan between 6th and 7th streets. There’s usually a couple spots open before gametime and although it’s in an alley way, some nice condo’s and startups occupy the street so there are camera’s all over. You won’t have to worry about a break in, or the ridiculous parking fee’s. It’s like a 10 minute walk from the ballpark.” —Twirphobo
How much is parking at AT&T Park?
- Parking in the official lots costs $30- $35. The official lots are permit only or cash only. Off-site locations start at $12 and let you pre-pay and reserve a spot online. This post from SpotHero shows rates for a bunch of options near the stadium and includes links to make a parking reservation.
Where are the cheapest spots?
- Generally speaking, the least expensive spots are in the off-site parking lots and garages just north of the 80 but not too far into downtown. Those spots start at $10. There are also spots from $10 – $15 between 6th and 7th on Bryant and Harriet St.
Is there street parking?
- Yes, it ranges from $3 – $7/hour. But street parking near AT&T Parking often isn’t as secure as lots or garages.
Where can I tailgate?
- Tailgating is permitted in Lots A (permit lot only) and C, B & E. Only single spaces can be used for tailgating. If you’re going with a larger group and want to tailgate, contact with Giants Group Sales at (415) 972-2221.
Is it better to take public transportation?
- If you’re not driving to the game, public transportation is your best bet. The Giants provide options for getting to AT&T Park by public transit.
AT&T Park has over 4,000 parking spaces in Lots A, B, C, E, as well as Piers 48 and 30. Lot A is permit only. Other lots are cash only, first-come, first-served. This map was updated 2/5/2015.
AT&T Park Parking Lot A
Parking Lot is permit only for season pass holders. However, depending on game attendance the lot may open for cash parkers. Signage will direct cash parkers to this lot when available.
AT&T Park Parking Lot D
As of 2015, Parking Lot D is no longer an official Giants parking lot. The site The map below includes parking in the official maps and off-street garages. Click the links to learn more about the lots or garages, including navigation links and online reservations.
AT&T Park Parking on Google Maps
The map below includes parking in the official maps and off-street garages. Click the links to learn more about the lots or garages, including navigation links and online reservations.
Street parking near AT&T Park on gameday is $3 – $7/hour. There is a four-hour limit. Here’s more info from the SFMTA.
“SFMTA parking meters on blocks within walking distance of AT&T Park operate until 10pm Monday to Saturday and until 6pm on Sundays. These meters are priced at $3, $5, or $7/hour for events, depending on the distance to the ballpark. These policies help make more parking spots available in South Beach and Mission Bay and help reduce congestion by discouraging circling for free or cheap parking near the ballpark.” —SFpark.org
Street Parking Map
• • •
Explore parking options near AT&T Park and use SpotHero to make a reservation
The AT&T Park lots cost $15 – $35 and $60 for oversize vehicles.
Primary Official Lots & Garages
|Lot Name||Rate||Distance to Gate||Walking Time||GPS||Entrance||Entry/Lot Image|
|Lot A||n/a (permit only)||.2 Mi||4 Mins||Go!||Willie Mays Plaza or Lefty O’Doul Plaza|
|Lot B||$15 – $35||.7 Mi||13 Mins||Go!||Willie Mays Plaza or Lefty O’Doul Plaza|
|Lot C||$35 reg, $60 oversize||.3 Mi||6 Mins||Go!||Willie Mays Plaza or Lefty O’Doul Plaza|
|Lot E||$15 – $35||.7 Mi||13 Mins||Go!||Willie Mays Plaza or Lefty O’Doul Plaza|
|Pier 48||$35 reg, $60 oversize||.2 Mi||5 Mins||Go!||Willie Mays Plaza or Lefty O’Doul Plaza|
|Pier 30||$15 – $35||.5 Mi||9 Mins||Go!||2nd St. & King St.|
|Lot Name||Rate||Distance to Gate||Walking Time||GPS||Entrance||Entry/Lot Image|
|920 3rd St. – China Basin Garage||$60 – $100||.2 Mi||3 Mins||Go!||Willie Mays Plaza or Lefty O’Doul Plaza|
|153 Townsend St. – Garage||$30 – $34||.3 Mi||7 Mins||Go!||2nd St. & King St. or Willie Mays Plaza|
|148 Townsend St. – Valet||$35 – $60||.4 Mi||8 Mins||Go!||2nd St. & King St.|
|55 Stanford St. – Valet (680 2nd St. Garage)||$35 – $60||.5 Mi||10 Mins||Go!||2nd St. & King St.|
|41 Federal St. – Valet (250 Brannan Garage)||$20||.6 Mi||13 Mins||Go!||2nd St. & King St.|
|470 Brannan St. – Lot||$25 – $35||.5 Mi||11 Mins||Go!||Willie Mays Plaza|
|588 Brannan St. – Self Park Lot||$24 – $30||.7 Mi||15 Mins||Go!||Willie Mays Plaza|
|120 Hawthorne St. – Lot||$12||.8 Mi||17 Mins||Go!||2nd St. & King St.|
|350 2nd St. – Self Park/Valet||$25 – $30||.8 Mi||17 Mins||Go!||2nd St. & King St.|
CLICK “DIRECTIONS” IN THE TOP LEFT OF THE MAP FOR THE QUICKEST ROUTE TO AT&T PARK.
Tailgating is permitted in lots A (permit lot only), C, and E. Only single spaces can be used for tailgating. If you’re going with a larger group and want to tailgate, contact with Giants Group Sales at (415) 972-2221.
Large group tailgating events are offered at the north area of the bus lots across from Pier 48, accessed from Terry Francois Boulevard. Each space purchased has room for two cars, which could include catering trucks. Additional spaces can be purchased on the day of the game.
All lots have handicapped parking as well as free ADA shuttle service. The shuttles operate two hours before the game and one hour after the game. The shuttles drop off for the game and pick up after the game at the Giants Dugout Store on Third Street.
AT&T Park Parking Guide > A round-up of AT&T Park parking options, including rates, locations, & tips.
Official AT&T Park Parking Page > The official resources for parking, provided by the Giants
Official Tailgating Information > Official ruling on tailgating in main lots
AT&T Park Yelp Page >The information on AT&T Park is given by honest fans. Search “parking” to get tips from locals.
SpotHero AT&T Park Parking> SpotHero lets you reserve convenient parking near AT&T Park and save up to 50%.
Reddit.com /SFGiants Subreddit> This link is preset to search for “parking” in the posts. Below are threads with detailed answers and tips about parking near AT&T Park.
- Cubs fan visiting in May with some questions
- Visiting AT&T this weekend for the first time, I have a couple questions…
- First time going to AT&T Park next week — Where should I park?
- First Game – Parking at AT&T
- Parking for the game – includes directions for free parking and ~1-mile walk to ballpark.
- Question about parking near AT&T