1000 Elysian Park Avenue | Los Angeles, CA 90012 | (323) 224-1507
Dodger Stadium has been the home ballpark of Major League Baseball’s Los Angeles Dodgers since 1962. It is the third oldest ball park in the world, coming short of Fenway Park in Boston and Wrigley Field in Chicago. Despite that, it is currently the largest baseball-specific stadium in the United States. It draws in roughly 3 million fans per season, so there is a tendency for lots to get crowded. Though the stadium is in the crowded area known as Elysian Park in downtown Los Angeles, there are still various off-site parking lots available for advance purchase that serve the ballpark. Proper planning for a visit to this cathedral of baseball should include learning the tips and guidelines to parking.
• • •
Explore parking options near Dodger Stadium and use SpotHero to make a reservation
DODGER STADIUM PARKING MAP
There are designated lots for general parking, directed by attendants and based on a first-come, first-served system. These gate lots are:
- Sunset Gate A Lots 1 and 2
- Stadium Way Gate B Lot 2
- Golden State Gate C Lots 3 and 4
- Academy Gate D Lots 5, 6, and 7
- Downtown Gate E Lots 8, 10, and 11
Street parking can be found downhill from the stadium, along Lilac Terrace and the Sunset Boulevard area near Elysian Field Avenue. Both areas provide free parking but necessitate a long uphill walk to get to the stadium. Because of the considerable walk, the street parking will usually be available.
OFFICIAL DODGER STADIUM PARKING PRICES
General parking for all lots are $10 in advance and $15 at the gate.
GETTING TO DODGER STADIUM
TAILGATING AT DODGER STADIUM
Tailgating is strictly prohibited in all of the official lots, defined as the consumption of food or alcoholic beverages in a congregation near the stadium. Tailgating is harshly monitored and stopped in any lot near the stadium, as previous experiences have given the organization a lower tolerance. There are parks nearby, such as a park on Stadium Way by the historic police academy, but there is only grilling and it can be very crowded.
DODGER STADIUM HANDICAP PARKING
There is a large amount of handicap parking spaces located in parking lots B, G, N, and P. Locations are given to whoever arrives first. Parking cashiers and attendants will direct those with a valid state-issued disable parking permit and/or license plate to the open handicap areas if anyone requires assistance. The Dodgers offer shuttle services to disabled fan on a regular trip starting an hour before the beginning of the game, and assistance is given based on a first-come, first-served basis.
DODGER STADIUM PARKING TIPS
When to arrive
- The lots open 2 ½ hours before the start of the game, and it is always advisable to arrive right when the lots open
The cheapest spots
- All of the official lots are worth $10 in advance and $15 at the gate, you can also use apps like SpotHero to find parking in LA, but there are also street parking alternatives that could potentially be free.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is there street parking?
- There is street parking. Most notably, it is provided along Lilac Terrace and the Sunset Boulevard near Elysian Field Avenue.
How much is a Dodgers Stadium parking pass?
- A preferred parking pass is $35 in advance or $50 at the gate.
Can I tailgate? If so, what are the rules?
- Tailgating is very strictly prohibited, more than other areas, and so there is a very minimal amount of options.
Is it better to take public transportation?
- Public transportation in Los Angeles can be hectic, especially on game days, so it is advised to drive and find a spot early.
How early do you need to get there to get a good spot?
- The lots open 2 ½ hours before the game starts, and it is a wise choice to always get there right when they open, so there is no stress getting in or finding an open spot.
DODGERS STADIUM RESOURCES
Official Dodger Stadium Parking Page > The official page for parking resources and information, provided by the Dodgers Association
Official Dodger Stadium FAQ > The official list of questions answered by the official Dodgers Association
Dodgers A-Z Information Index > An index of information provided by the official site, responding to handicap parking, tailgating and parking passes
Dodger Stadium Parking with SpotHero > You can reserve a parking spot ahead of time by booking with SpotHero. This app and website allows visitors to lock in a price (often discounted, up to 50%) and reserve a parking spot in a garage or lot nearby Dodger Stadium. SpotHero is also available for parking all over LA.
Dodgers Yelp Page > A source of personal opinions on the stadium, based on honest fans