MetLife Stadium is located at 1 MetLife Stadium Drive, East Rutherford, NJ 07073. It’s located west of Manhattan, just north of the intersection of I-95 and NJ-3. To get there from Manhattan, take NY-495 to NJ-495 and drive to W Peripheral Road.
- The MetLife Stadium is home to two NFL teams, the New York Jets and the New York Giants.
- Given that MetLife is one of the largest NFL stadiums, it also had to accommodate for many parkers – there are 28,000 parking spaces at the stadium.
- Parking permits are required for all lots at the stadium. Permits can be purchased via Ticketmaster with prices varying by event and lot.
Quick Jump Links
Jets and Giants Parking
When attending a Giants or Jets game at MetLife Stadium, plan on paying premium for parking. The best, and some of the only, parking options at MetLife are official stadium lots and garages. Rates vary by event and lot/garage.
- Attending a game at MetLife Stadium requires preparation. Parking permits must be purchased in advance via Ticketmaster. And of course, always plan on arriving early. Traffic is fairly unavoidable.
- If the game is fast approaching and you’ve forgotten to pre-purchase parking, arrive early to ensure a spot in the off-site parking lot at 20 Murray Hill Pkwy. It costs $35, which includes a shuttle ride to the stadium.
- Looking to save some cash? Opt for public transit instead. You’ll avoid traffic altogether, won’t waste time looking for a spot, and will save money.
- The biggest MetLife parking gripe is that most parking options are limited to the official lots at the stadium, which can be confusing, over crowded, and expensive. Truly, the only way to combat these issues is to arrive really, really early. Fortunately, tailgating is allowed on the parking lots, so at least you can get there early and start having fun!
- Use SpotHero book book NYC parking, which as spots in New Jersey near the stadium as well. While not close enough to walk to MetLife, if you’re driving in from out of town it might make sense to book a spot online nearby and take public transportation or ride share to the stadium.
- Q: What time do the parking lots open?
- A: 5 hours before kick-off for Jets and Giants games.
- Q: Where can I find oversize parking for a bus or RV?
- A: Lot L, or wherever MetLife parking staff deems fit on game day. Pre-paid parking permits aren’t required for oversize vehicles. If you do have a permit, however, you will only be required to pay the difference between the permit and oversize parking.
- Q: Can I bring a bag into the stadium?
- A: Depends – MetLife Stadium only allows bags that are 1) clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and don’t exceed 12″ X 6″ X 12″ and 2) small bags no larger than 4.5″ X 6.5″. Also, only one bag per person allowed.
MetLife Stadium Parking Maps
MetLife Stadium Map
MetLife Stadium Parking Map
Jets Parking Map
Giants Parking Map
MetLife Stadium Seating Chart
All Parking Options Map
Parking Options for MetLife Stadium
MetLife Stadium Parking
|Lot/Garage Name||Distance to Gate||Walking Time||GPS||StreetView|
|Premium Parking Lot E||.2 Mi||3 Mins||Go!|
|Premium Parking Lot F||.3 Mi||6 Mins||Go!|
|Premium Parking Lot G||.4 Mi||8 Mins||Go!|
|General Parking Deck A||.2 Mi||4 Mins||Go!|
|General Parking Deck E||.7 Mi||15 Mins||Go!|
|General Parking Deck 23||.7 Mi||13 Mins||Go!|
|General Parking Lot B||.2 Mi||5 Mins||Go!|
|General Parking Lot D||.2 Mi||4 Mins||Go!|
|General Parking Lot 26||.3 Mi||5 Mins||Go!|
|General Parking Lot 27||.6 Mi||13 Mins||Go!|
|General Parking Lot J||.5 Mi||11 Mins||Go!|
|General Parking Lot K||.8 Mi||16 Mins||Go!|
|General Parking Lot L||.6 Mi||11 Mins||Go!|
|General Parking Lot M||.7 Mi||13 Mins||Go!|
|General Parking Lot P||.8 Mi||16 Mins||Go!|
|Off-Site Parking Lot||1.8 Mi||8 Mins Drive||Go!|
- Tailgating is permitted in the parking lots, but not the parking deck located next to the IZOD Center.
- Parking for tailgating is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- One car = one space. Tailgaters are not permitted to use more than one parking space for a single vehicle.
- Open fires and any oil-based cooking and frying are prohibited.
- Saving parking spaces is not permitted.
NJ TRANSIT Rail Service
The majority of NJ TRANSIT’s rail system connects in Secaucus, New Jersey, allowing fans to reach MetLife Stadium with ease. Traveling from the Secaucus Junction station to the Sports Complex station takes about ten minutes, and the round-trip fare is $4.50. Rail service begins 3.5 hours prior to kickoff or the start of an event and ends one hour after the event’s conclusion.
Fans from New York or Connecticut may take select Metro-North trains to Secaucus Junction from the New Haven line.
Coach USA Bus Service (Route #351)
Coach USA provides a bus service from the Port Authority to the MetLife Sports Complex, and the drop-off and pick-up area is located near Lot K. A one-way ticket is $6.00 and a round-trip ticket is $12.00.
Visit MetLife Stadium’s public transportation page for more information.
Accessible/handicap parking is available in Lots E, F and G. There is also a designated drop-off/pick-up area located in Lot C, adjacent to the Verizon Gate. Visit MetLife Stadium’s Guests with Disabilities page for more information.
From George Washington Bridge: Take this bridge to the New Jersey Turnpike South. Take the turnpike’s western spur to either Exit 16W or Exit 18W, which both lead to the Sports Complex parking areas.
From New York City and points East: Take the Lincoln Tunnel, following all signs for Route 3 West, which will lead to the sports complex.
From the West I-80: Merge onto I-80 East, continue onto US-46 East, make a slight right at NJ-3 East and follow all signs to the sports complex.
From the East I-80: Merge onto I-80 West, proceed to Route 17 South to Paterson Plank Road and follow all signs to the sports complex.
From NJ Route 24: Take Route 24 East, take I-78 East (Express) toward Newark, take Exit onto I-95 North, and take Exit 16 W for NJ Route 3 towards Secaucus, Rutherford and the sports complex.
Official MetLife Stadium Page – Official homepage for MetLife Stadium.
Official MetLife Stadium Parking Page – Official parking information, directions, and map.
MetLife Stadium at Ticketmaster – Find tickets and upcoming event information for concerts, sports and more.