NRG Stadium is one of the best venues to take in a game in the heart of football crazed Texas. The stadium was the first NFL Stadium with a retractable roof when it opened in 2002, and has served as the home of the Houston Texans on fall Sundays ever since. NRG Stadium is part of of the larger 350,000 acre NRG Park complex, which also contains the NRG Center, NRG Arena, and NRG Astrodome.
There are 26,000 parking spaces that serve the complex, but that doesn’t mean that finding event parking will be easy or affordable. Our guide will help you break down which lot or garage in the area is best for your needs. Keep reading for maps, cheap rates, insider tips, and even information on how to reserve a parking space online!
• • •
Explore parking options near NRG Stadium and use SpotHero to reserve a space ahead of time.
• • •
Official NRG Stadium Parking Maps & Rates
- Blue – Lots 24-27: $30
- Blue VIP: $75 for Suite Holders
- Green: $50
- Green VIP: $75 for Suite Holders
- Red: $50
- Platinum: $50 (open 4 hours prior to kick)
- Purple: RV Bus & Limo (RV Parking Information) (Please note, RV Parking is SOLD OUT)
- Teal: Staff & Media
- Blue/Orange/Maroon/Yellow: $30
- Yellow (Gameday RV Parking: $120, includes a 14′ x 44′ space
- Bus – Red Lot 5: $100
Official NRG Stadium Parking Quick Facts
- Parking for Houston Texans games at official stadium lots is only available for advance purchase online. All parking for the 2017 season is already sold out and only available on resale sites like StubHub.
- Parking lots open up 4 hours before game time, unless otherwise noted.
- Tailgating is not permitted in any of the official NRG Park lots or garages.
- Parking for other events besides Houston Texans games can be purchased in advance through the NRG Park box office.
• • •
CLICK “DIRECTIONS” IN THE TOP LEFT OF THE MAP FOR THE QUICKEST ROUTE TO NRG STADIUM.
• • •
The Houston Texans not only allow tailgating, they encourage it! They want NRG Stadium to provide the finest tailgating experience in the NFL, so they have established a few guidelines to make your tailgating party great:
- All Parking lots (except for platinum) will open four hours prior to kickoff.
- All parking at NRG Stadium will require a pre-purchased parking hangtag; you will not be able to buy any additional parking at the gate.
- Parking is first-come, first-served for the first hour; saving spots will not be allowed. If you would like to tailgate near friends, please arrive together.
- NRG Stadium entrance gates will open 90 minutes prior to kickoff.
- Tailgating will be limited to one 8’x 16’ space for each valid parking hangtag, and must not cross over into the drive lane designated by the blue lines down each aisle.
- RV’s, buses, and oversized vehicles will need to pre-purchase a minimum of two parking spots and need to park in the designated RV areas in each lot.
- If you plan to extend sides or set chairs outside of your RV or Bus you will need parking hangtags in addition to the ones for the space that will be used by your vehicle.
- For your safety, fans may not stand, sit, or congregate on the tops of vehicles, busses or RV’s.
- Generators that create excessive noise or harmful fumes are prohibited. (As determined by Texans staff.)
- Barbecues in tow will also be required to have an additional pre-purchased hangtag. You will not be allowed to buy one at the gate.
- No Music system speakers may exceed 18” tall and 12” wide
- Music speakers may not produce sound greater than 68 decibels in accordance to the City of Houston sound ordinance Sections 30.1-30.9
- Liquid charcoal starter or other flammable liquids are strictly prohibited. Charcoal may be started with an electrical starter designed for this purpose or quick starting charcoal is recommended. Open flames are allowed but all barbecue pits left unattended must be extinguished.
- Ash containers, trash containers and port-o-lets are located in each lot.
- Hot ashes, cinders, smothering coal, disposable LP-gas cylinders or other hot materials must be disposed of in the Orange dumpsters only.
- Trash must be disposed of the in the Green dumpsters only.
- For safety purposes, all tents, chairs, etc. must be put away before entering NRG Stadium.
- In order to ensure the safety of our fans, no golf carts, Segways, motorized coolers, skateboards, bicycles, or large balloons will be allowed for use by fans in the parking lots.
- NRG Stadium and the Houston Texans do not grant the right to display advertising, banners or signs, or distribute promotional items on property. Fans may be asked to remove inappropriate banners or signs.
- All cooking equipment shall be situated away from crowds, buildings, vehicles or combustible materials. A minimum clearance distance of 3 feet is required.
- A minimum class 2A-10B:C fire extinguisher with a current service tag is required at each cooking area.
- LP-gas cooking appliances shall be UL listed and approved for use. LP-gas cylinders shall be secured in an upright position to keep from falling and positioned to prevent impact from vehicle traffic. Portable generators are not to be filled while running and fuel must be in a UL listed safety can (2 gal. max). Portable generators and fuel must be stored away from cooking appliances.
- Guests are welcome to continue tailgating up to one hour after the end of the game. However, in some instances guests may be asked to clear the parking lots before that time.
- Any violation of the fire safety regulations will be subject to citations being issued by the City of Houston Fire Inspector.
- For any further information regarding these guidelines or any other questions on the day of the game please call 832-667-1400.
- The Houston Texans reserve the right to revoke the season parking pass of those who do not comply with these guidelines.
• • •
The arrival of METRORail brings a new era of transportation to Houston. It’s a fast, convenient and safe way to travel between Downtown, Midtown, the Museum District, the Texas Medical Center, NRG Park and the South Fannin Park & Ride Lot. With frequent service and the capacity to carry up to 400 passengers per trip, METRORail will help cut through congestion in these heavily traveled areas.
METRORail is a transportation option for *NRG Park events*. Trains run every 12 minutes and the cost of riding the train is only $1.25 each way. For complete information on schedules, parking areas and buying tickets, please visit ridemetro.org.
METRORail Map (Click to Open PDF)
• • •
Parking spaces are available for guests with disabilities on the north and south sides of NRG Stadium and passes for these spaces can be pre-purchased, subject to availability.
In addition to this parking pass from the Texans, fans must have a Texas Disabled Person Parking Placard. The person possessing the Texas Disabled Person Parking Placard must also be in the vehicle to park in a space reserved for guests with disabilities. These items will be monitored and strictly enforced, so please have both placards visibly displayed in your car while on NRG Park property. Violation of these regulations may result in forfeiture of the parking pass. Please note that specific parking spaces cannot be reserved.
For limited mobility guests, drop off and pick up points have been designated on the southeast (Amegy Bank Gate) and northeast (Coca-Cola Gate) corners of NRG Stadium. Drivers may access these locations off of Kirby onto Westridge or NRG Parkway (McNee), respectively, by alerting the parking attendant that they are dropping off or picking up a guest. Once the guest is dropped off, drivers should leave and proceed to the H-E-B Parking Lot for which they have a parking pass.
For limited mobility guests using the light rail system, there is a shuttle that will pick up at the Fannin light rail stop and drop off near the Coca-Cola Gate. The shuttle will also be available at the conclusion of the game for the return trip to the Fannin stop.
• • •
SpotHero > – Compare off-site parking garages and lots and reserve a parking space ahead of time with SpotHero.
Houston Texans Website> Check out the Texan’s official website for everything you need to know about game day parking.
NRG Park > All the information on all the NRG Park’s institutions: NRG Stadium, NRG Arena, NRG Center, NRG Astrodome.
NRG Facebook Page > The NRG Park Facebook Fan page allows you to be updated on upcoming events and link-up with other fans!
Reliant Website > Get to know a little bit about who the stadium’s owners are.