U.S. Bank Stadium opened in downtown Minneapolis in 2016 and plays host to the Minnesotta Vikings of the NFL. The indoor state of the art venue will also serve as the site of the 2018 Super Bowl and the 2019 NCAA Final Four, among other events. Finding parking near the new stadium in downtown Minneapolis can be difficult!
We’ve conglomerated all of the parking information that you might need to know to make your trip to U.S. Bank Stadium just a little bit easier. Whether you’re looking for the cheapest space possible, a spot right next to the gates, or a place where you can fire up the grill and tailgate, we’ve got the inside scoop. Check out our maps, rates, insider tips, and more so that you arrive at the game with a smile on your face and a few extra dollars in your pocket.
• • •
Explore parking options near U.S. Bank Stadium and use SpotHero to make a reservation!
• • •
Best Parking Options Near U.S. Bank Stadium
Finding cheap U.S. Bank Stadium parking is possible if you know where to look. Generally speaking, the further away that you park from the stadium, the less that you’ll pay. If you’re willing to walk just a few blocks you can save over $20 as compared to some of the closest options to the stadium.
Book a space ahead of time so that you know exactly where you’re going to park, how much you’ll pay, that a space will be waiting for you on the other end of your journey. This is the easiest way to make sure that things go smoothly on game day and remove the potential stress from your U.S. Bank Stadium parking experience.
|Garage/Lot Name||Price Range||Reservations?||Distance to Gate||Walking Time|
|Mills Fleet Farm||$45||Book Now!||0.1 Mi||1 mins|
|First Covenant Church||$60||Book Now!||0.1 Mi||2 mins|
|900 Chicago Ave||$30||Book Now!||.3 Mi||6 mins|
|620 8th St||$30||Book Now!||.3 Mi||6 mins|
|903 5th Ave S||$20||Book Now!||.6 Mi||12 mins|
|Interstate Lot 2028||$28||Book Now!||.5 Mi||10 mins|
|1417 Washington Ave||$20||Book Now!||.5 Mi||11 mins|
|1429 Washington Ave||$36||Book Now!||.6 Mi||12 mins|
Other Parking Options Nearby
|Bobby and Steve’s Lot #1||.4 Mi||9 Mins|
|Bobby and Steve’s Lot #2||.4 Mi||9 Mins|
|511 Lot||.2 Mi||4 Mins|
|511 Ramp||.3 Mi||7 Mins|
|1010 Ramp||459 Feet||2 Mins|
|Thrivent Lot #1||.4 Mi||7 Mins|
|Thrivent Lot #2||.4 Mi||8 Mins|
|Hennepin County Ramp||.2 Mi||4 Mins|
• • •
U.S. Bank Stadium Parking Maps
Click here for a larger view. This is the closest parking you’ll find near U.S. Bank Stadium.
Traveler Routing Map
U.S. Bank Stadium has created a route map, which will help guide you to the stadium from any direction.
• • •
Tailgating At US Bank Stadium
- With respect to all parking lot rules and guidelines, tailgating is permitted at U.S. Bank Stadium.
- Tailgating begins at 7 a.m. for 12 p.m. games. For all other games, tailgating can begin 6 hours before the game. Tailgating must finish 4 hours after the game or by 12 a.m.
- Parking Lot staff will let you know where you can tailgate, as travel aisles must not be blocked.
- Click here for a list of prohibited tailgating items.
U.S. Bank Stadium Tailgate Map
Tailgating is permitted in parking lots within the yellow perimeter on the map below.
• • •
US Bank Stadium Parking Tips
- Plan your parking beforehand, arrive early, and be prepared to walk. Many fans avoid parking altogether, opting for the light rail or ride sharing.
- If you typically get around Minneapolis by bicycle, you’re be glad to know there are 188 complimentary bike racks at U.S. Bank Stadium.
- If planning to tailgate, make sure you park in one of the lots within the allowed tailgating area. These spots fill up quickly, so arriving early is key. Read on for more information about Vikings tailgating.
- Consider downloading the Minnesota Vikings app, which will direct you to the specific lot you plan to park in, while also providing you with useful information and hacks, like in-seat food delivery and stadium point of interest maps.
• • •
US Bank Stadium Parking Quick Facts
- U.S. Bank Stadium is located in Minneapolis’s Downtown East neighborhood, south of the Mississippi River.
- On-site parking for Minnesota Vikings games cost either $45 for one-time parking, or $315 for a Minnesota Viking Season Parking Pass. Click here for purchasing information.
- Parking is only allowed on levels 5, 6, and 7 of the Mills Fleet Farm Ramp during Vikings games.
• • •
US Bank Stadium Parking FAQs
- Q: What time do the parking lots open?
- A: 6 hours before games, according to the official Minnesota Vikings’ parking page.
- Q: What’s the best route to get to the stadium?
- A: Depends on where you’re coming from. Check out U.S. Bank Stadium’s Route Map to find out which route is best for you.
- Q: How do I get to the stadium if I park offsite?
- A: You have a few options when parking offsite: Biking and locking up at one of the stadium’s 180 complimentary bike racks, walking along the Skyway, taking the Light Rail, or hopping on one of the many Bus Routes.
• • •
You can hop on the Blue or Green Line to get directly to U.S. Bank Stadium Station. The lines come from Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Bloomington. On game days, trains come frequently, but still be prepared to wait. Find out more information and tips on MetroTransit’s U.S. Bank Stadium page.
All of Metro Transit’s 123 interconnected bus routes go directly to U.S. Bank Stadium.
You can purchase bus and train tickets in advance to and from U.S. Bank Stadium here.
• • •
- ADA parking spaces at U.S. Bank Stadium are available for vehicles which display the proper state-issued ADA parking placard or license plate.
- There’s a dedicated drop-off area for those with disabilities or limited mobility on 10th Avenue S between 6th Street S and 7th Street S.
- On game days, on-site staff will direct those who need ADA parking to the appropriate areas.
- For more information, visit U.S. Banks’s general parking page.
• • •
- From Glenwood Ave EB: Go to 2nd Ave/Rod Carew Dr, and turn right on N 6th St.
- From I-394 EB: Exit at 9B and follow signs for N 6th St..
- From Hennepin Ave NB: Take Hennepin Ave north all the way into downtown.
- From I-35W NB: Exit at 16A, use the right two lanes to exit towards 11 St, and then stay left at the fork towards 11 St.
- From I-94 WB: Exit at 233A 11th St and keep left at the fork towards 11 St.
• • •
U.S. Bank Stadium Parking Resources
Official U.S. Bank Stadium Page: Official homepage for U.S. Bank Stadium.
U.S. Bank Stadium’s General Parking Information Page: Official parking information, directions, and map.
SpotHero: Compare parking options near the stadium and reserve a guaranteed space ahead of time with this only parking reservation service.
U.S. Bank Stadium Parking Blog: Learn more about the best places to park near U.S. Bank Stadium to unsure a smooth game day experience!
Traveler Route Map: Plan your driving route via the official U.S. Bank Stadium route map.