FedEx Field is located east of downtown Washington DC in Landover, Maryland. The 82,000 seat stadium is home of the Washington Redskins football team. The stadium’s suburban location means that space for parking is ample. There are eight official parking lots in the area immediately surrounding the stadium, with prices varying based on distance parked to the stadium itself. Official parking spaces are limited on game day available on a first come, first serve basis, and can be expensive.
Our guide to FedEx Field parking will help you hack the system so you don’t fall victim to outrageous prices and long exit lines. Outsmart the crowd by reserving parking spaces in advance and get to the stadium with a smile on your face and extra cash in your wallet!
• • •
FedexField Online Parking Reservations
Explore parking options near Fedex Field and use SpotHero to make a reservation.
• • •
Washington Redskins Parking Options & Rates
Your best bet for getting to a Redskins game at FedEx Field is to either drive and park at or near the stadium or to take public transportation and walk. As previously mentioned, there are eight official parking lots surrounding Fedex Field.The panoramic spread of parking lots means that finding a parking space is easy regardless of the direction that you’re coming from. These lots are available first to season ticket holders, and tough to come by on game day. Alternatively, you can reserve parking in advance at an off-site lot within easy walking distance of the stadium. Check out all of your options in the table below and view the map to see where specific lots are located.
|Lot Name||Price Range||Distance to Gate||Walking Time|
|1019 Brightseat Road||$35 – BOOK NOW!||.5 Mi||10 Mins|
|Redzone Lot||$55||.3 Mi||5 Mins|
|Green Section||$60||.3 Mi||6 Mins|
|Orange Section||$65||.2 Mi||5 Mins|
|Bus/RV Lot||$100||.7 Mi||13 Mins|
|Gray Lot – Cash Only||.7 Mi||13 Mins|
FedExField Parking Maps
Below are the official parking maps for the 2017 Redskins season at FedExField.
• • •
Fedex Field Parking Tips
- Parking at FedEx Field has garnered some mixed reviews. Some say finding stadium parking is confusing and hectic, whereas some said it was a smooth experience. The one thing everyone agrees on is to make sure you arrive early. No matter what, parking for a Redskins game is going to be crowded. But the earlier you go, the less stressful the experience will be.
- The Redskins encourage fans to use Uber as a ride sharing option for games. The Uber Pickup Zone is located at the Prince George County Sports & Learning Complex, which is adjacent to FedEx Field parking lots.
- An affordable option for getting to FedEx Field is to opt for public transit. The Metrorail Silver and Blue Lines stop at Morgan Boulevard Station, which is about a mile away from the stadium.
- If you’re up for walking a mile, you can park at the Metrorail Morgan Boulevard and Largo Town Center Stations for only $15 during Redskins games. Check out the Metrorail and FedExField parking page for more information.
- Looking for a way to travel with a group to FedEx Field, but want to avoid parking? Consider taking a shuttle, like Rally, to take you and your friends/family to the game.
• • •
Fedex Field Parking Quick Facts
- FedExField, located east of Washington, DC, is home to the Washington Redskins.
- There are 24 small surface lots onsite at FedExField. Official stadium parking is a mix of permit parking and day-of cash lots.
- If you prefer not driving to FedExField and skip parking altogether, you can take public transportation.
• • •
Fedex Field Parking FAQs
- Q: What time do the parking lots open?
- A: 5 hours before kick-off for Redskins games.
- Q: Where can I find oversize parking for a bus or RV?
- A: You can park RVs, buses, and limousines in a lot north of the stadium and adjacent to Lot D (Green). Call the Ticket Office at 301-276-6050 to purchase over parking permits.
- Q: Can I bring a bag into the stadium?
- A: Depends – FedExField only allows bags that are 1) clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and don’t exceed 12″ X 6″ X 12″, 2) one gallon clear plastic freezers bags, and 3) small bags no larger than the size of a hand.
Best Place to Park at FedExField
The lots located at FedExField are certainly the closest, but can become really crowded and expensive. There are a couple lots within walking distance of the stadium, but the lot at 1019 Brightseat Road Lot offers tons of inventory, is within close walking distance of the stadium, and allows parkers to reserve spots in advance to ensure you’ll have a parking spot for the game.
Tailgating at Fedex Field
- Tailgating activities in stadium-controlled parking lots is permitted, but must end thirty minutes after the start of the event.
- Cooking is not permitted within two feet of vehicles.
- For charcoal cooking, only self-starting briquettes; no lighter fluid is permitted.
- For propane cooking, there is a twenty-pound tank limit and the canister must be mounted to the grill assembly.
- All fires must be contained and supervised at all times.
• • •
Public Transit to Fedex Field
FedExField can be reached using the Metrorail system! It’s simple: take the Blue Line to the Morgan Boulevard Metro Station, which is located on Garrett Morgan Boulevard and is within one mile of FedExField.
For more information, visit the WMATA’s official website.
• • •
Handicap Parking at Fedex Field
FedExField offers accessible parking for guests who display the valid state-issued disability placard and/or driver’s license. Two accessible parking areas are located close to the stadium; in addition, it is also available in the Gray Lot (a cash-only lot) on Brightseat Road. For more information, visit FedExField’s disabled access page.
Fedex Field Parking Resources
Official FedExField Center Page – Official homepage for FedExField.
Official FedExField Parking Page – Official parking information, directions, and map.
SpotHero – See off-site parking availability for upcoming events.
FedExField at Ticketmaster – Find tickets and upcoming event information for concerts, sports and more.