Soldier Field is located in the heart of downtown Chicago’s famed Grant Park. Originally built in 1924 and renovated in 2002, the stadium is truly a gem of NFL stadiums. At times, the stadium’s urban location can make getting to the venue difficult and parking expensive.
Our Soldier Field Parking Guide will help shed some light on where to park and how to save money in downtown Chicago. Find maps, rates, official location information, and more by reading on!
• • •
Soldier Field Online Parking Reservations
Explore parking options near Soldier Field and use SpotHero to book spaces in advance!
• • •
Public Parking Lots & Garages Near Soldier Field
Check out rates and distances from some of the best parking locations near Soldier Field! Like one that you see? Some of these options offer online reservations ahead of time. Book in advance and drive to the stadium knowing exactly where you’re going to park, how much you’ll pay, and that a space will be waiting at the end of your journey!
One great option for parking at Soldier Field are the Millennium Park and Grant Park garages. These parking facilities charge a reasonable game day rate in the $30-$35 range and offer shuttle service to and from Soldier Field. Their location to the north of the stadium means that fans can avoid postgame traffic and make a quick exit.
Soldier Field’s location on the Grant Park campus means that accessing the stadium on foot can be difficult. If you’re willing to walk, parking can be found for as low as $15, which is a severe discount over other parking options. View the table below to compare and contrast parking options and select one that works for you!
|Garage/Lot Name||Price Range||Reserve Parking||Distance to Gate||Walking Time|
|Sky55 Garage||Book Now!||.8 Mi||16 Mins|
|15 E 14th Pl||Book Now||1.1 Mi||21 Mins|
|20 E 21st Pl||Book Now||1.5 Mi||30 Mins|
|Long Grove House Garage||Book Now||.8 Mi||15 Mins|
|Park Michigan Garage||Book Now||.8 Mi||17 Mins|
|24 E 18th St – Under El||Book Now||.8 Mi||17 Mins|
|25 E 16th St – Under El||Book Now||.9 Mi||16 Mins|
|Grant Park South – Shuttle Provided!||$31||Book Now||1.2 Mi||24 Mins|
|Grant Park North – Shuttle Provided!||$35||Book Now||1.5 Mi||30 Mins|
|Millennium Park Garage – Shuttle||Book Now!||1.5 Mi||29 Mins|
|Millennium Lakeside Garage – Shuttle||Book Now!||1.4 Mi||27 Mins|
• • •
Museum Campus Parking Lots & Garages
There are seven parking lots and garages located immediately at the “Museum Campus”, where Soldier Field is located. The majority of these locations are only made available to Bears season ticket holders, who enter a lottery to purchase parking at one of the facilities for the entire season. Find more from the Bears’ official site.
|Garage/Lot Name||Distance to Gate||Walking Time|
|North Garage||.2 Miles||3 Mins|
|South Parking Lot||.3 Mi||5 Mins|
|Waldron Parking Deck||.2 Mi||3 Mins|
|East Museum Lot||.2 Mi||3 Mins|
|Adler Planetarium Lot||.5 Mi||9 Mins|
|Burnham Harbor Lot||1.9 Mi||4 Mins|
|Family Friend Lot (no alcohol)||1.9 Mi||4 Mins|
Soldier Field – Museum Campus Parking Map
• • •
Soldier Field Parking Tips
- Generally speaking, the further away you park from the stadium, the less that you’ll pay. If you’re willing to walk up to a mile you can save a nice chunk of change on parking with your efforts.
- SpotHero enables fans to find parking deals but gathering dozens of parking options in one place. Parking companies offer special deals on their website
- Consider parking near a Divvy bike station, Chicago’s bike sharing program. There’s Divvy stations near the stadium, if you choose to park a bit further away and bike to the game.
- If you park at a metered spot, download the ParkChicago app to replenish your meter from the game. You wouldn’t want to cut out during overtime!
• • •
Soldier Field Parking FAQs
- Q: What time do the parking lots open?
- A: 4 hours before kick-off for Bears games, according to the official Chicago Bears’ parking page.
- Q: Where can I find oversize parking for a bus or RV?
- A: The Adler Planetarium Lot, located northeast of Soldier Field, offers oversize parking for “a designated fee.” All parking is first-come, first-serve, so make sure to arrive with plenty of time.
- Q: Where can I find a restroom in the Museum Campus garages and lots?
- A: There are public restrooms located in the Waldron Deck and the North Garage.
• • •
Tailgating at Soldier Field
- Tailgating is permitted on the top level of the Waldron Deck and all surface lots at Soldier Field.
- All tailgating set ups can’t exceed one parking space.
- Check out the Bear’s parking and transportation guide to make sure tailgating is allowed in each garage and lot at the stadium.
• • •
Public Transit to Soldier Field
The stadium can be reached via CTA buses #128 Soldier Field Express and #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Avenue. Check out transitchicago.com for more information.
• • •
Handicap Parking at Soldier Field
Handicap parking is available at all Soldier Field parking lots and garages. Find more information for disabled patrons at (312) 235-7724.
• • •
Driving Directions to Soldier Field
- From I-55: Take I-55 (Stevenson Expressway) north to Lake Shore Drive/Highway 41 North. Take LSD 41 North to the 18th Drive exit.
- From I-290: Take I-290 (Eisenhower Expressway) east to Congress Parkway. Take Congress Parkway to Columbus Drive and turn right to take Columbus Drive south to the 18th Drive exit.
- From I-90/94: Take I-90/94 (Dan Ryan Expressway) north to the Lake Shore Drive/22nd Street exit. Keep right and exit to LSD. Then take LSD/Highway 41 north to the 18th Drive Exit.
- From I-94: Take I-94 (Kennedy Expressway) south to the Congress Parkway exit. Follow Congress Parkway to Columbus Drive. Turn right on Columbus Drive and follow it south to the 18th Drive exit.
• • •
Soldier Field Parking Resources
Chicago Bears Parking: Find parking for Chicago Bears football games at Soldier Field. Check out available parking options and prebook and reserve yourself a parking spot. Call 312-566-7768 with any questions.
Parking.Chicago Soldier Field Parking Guide: Another in-depth guide for parking at Soldier Field, with tips for saving money when parking at Bears games.
SpotHero.com: Chicago’s best source for booking Chicago parking online. You can reserve a spot near Soldier Field, or if you don’t mind taking public transportation or ride sharing into the city, just find a cheap spot.
Parking Map of Official Lots: Parking in these lots is extremely limited. If you do not have the parking pass on you or are not a season ticket holder, you cannot expect to find parking by driving up on game day.
Soldier Field Parking Blog: Learn more about finding cheap parking near Soldier Field and ensure a smooth game day experience with this blog from SpotHero.com!
Chicago Bears Informational Parking Guide: Informational guide on some tips and areas where you can find parking.
Soldier Field Express Bus (Pace): This is a summary of departure bus locations for park and ride locations from some suburban locations for Pace Bus routes. Schedule and pricing here too.
Chicago Bears Tailgating: Tailgating FAQ, and guide from BearsHistory.com
Guide to Soldier Field: This is an incredibly detailed guide to Soldier Field. This has everything from transportation to food and drink info.