Target Field is the home ballpark of the MLB’s Minnesota Twins. Game day parking can be a hassle. Book a spot ahead of time to avoid missing first pitch!
Target Field is the home ballpark of the Minnesota Twins, and is one of the newest and most modern parks in the nation. In its opening season in 2010, ESPN The Magazine named it the #1 baseball stadium experience in North America. In 2014, it hosted Major League Baseball All-Star Game. All of the stadium’s prestige is earned by its elaborate design and fan-centered experience.
Target Field is surrounded by the A, B, and C ramps, which offer reasonable rates, a convenient location to the stadium, and more than 7,000 total parking spaces. Find more information and a map of these options below, or visit the ABC Ramp website for more detailed information.
|Lot||Daily Rate||Monthly Pass||Concerts & Other Events|
|Ramp A||$13||$145||$7 – $27|
|Ramp B||$15||$165||$7 – $27|
|Ramp C||$15||$160||$7 – $27|
Tailgating at Target Field is not permitted. Any tailgating usually occurs in the Warehouse district, an area that is still within eyesight of the stadium.
- The city has dedicated the northeast portion of downtown as a tailgate-friendly zone. This portion travels north to south, from the Mississippi River to 6th street, and east to west from 11th Avenue to 4th Avenue.
- All tailgating areas correspond to the same rules. Namely:
- Sound-amplifying equipment is prohibited
- There can be no wood-burning fires
- Food must be prepared on charcoal or propane grills
- All trash must be thrown out in the trash bins provided before leaving for the game.
Both Ramp A and Ramp B offer handicap parking. These ramps provide direct connections to the stadium through a skyway.
Handicapped parking is available to individuals with valid disability parking permits in these ramps as well as at parking meters on the street, and the Twins Ballpark surface parking lot.
The Cheapest Spots The official ramps surrounding the field charge a reasonable price ranging from $12 to $15. Alternatively, you can find a spot in downtown Minneapolis for as low as $5.
Street Parking Downtown Minneapolis has established “Event Zones” near Target Field with special metered parking rates during Twins games and other events. The meters on streets closest to the stadium charge $2.50 per hour, while fees on streets further away are only $1.50 per hour. Here is a map with more details about metered parking rates and where to find them.
- The areas to the west of the stadium, around the Olsen Memorial Highway, offer street parking. For a more secluded and comfortable street-parking experience, the St. Anthony West neighborhoods of Northeast Minneapolis offer street parking.
Areas/Roads to avoid due to traffic
- The 3rd Avenue Bridge, traveling westbound, is always heavy with traffic on game days.
- The four available ramps will be filled to capacity within an hour of a game, so it is safer to park in the street lots in neighboring areas.
Can I tailgate? If so, what are the rules?
- There is no tailgating around the stadium since there are only ramps, but areas such as the northeast portion of downtown offer lots specifically for tailgating, each with specific rules. The general tailgating rules apply, such as no littering and no occupying more than one parking space.
Is it better to take public transportation?
- There are many available uses of public transportation, notably the Route 17 MetroStation bus, that connect directly with the stadium and avoid the ramps. Because of the limited parking options, public transportation would be a very wise choice.
Target Field Parking Resources
Official Target Field Parking Page Target Field provides its own resources for the ramps, lots, and public transportation
Official Target Field Driving Directions Advisable routes to Target Field, based on the various places people are driving from
SpotHero Fans can reserve cheap parking spaces ahead off time with SpotHero, an easy way to find game day parking.
Downtown Minneapolis Parking Rates The official rates for all of the ramps and lots available in downtown Minneapolis
Downtown Minneapolis Metered Parking A complete guide to metered street parking in downtown Minneapolis. Scope out a cheap spot on this website.
Target Field Yelp Hear about the Target Field experience directly from fans.